Pick Hall 418B
773 702 2370
Autumn Quarter Office Hours:
Paul Staniland is Associate Professor of Political Science and faculty chair of the Committee on International Relations (CIR). He co-directs the Program on International Security Policy and Program on Political Violence. His research focuses on political violence and international security, particularly in South Asia. Staniland's book Networks of Rebellion: Explaining Insurgent Cohesion and Collapse (Cornell, 2014) won several awards, and he has published widely in academic and policy journals.
- "Indirect Rule and Varieties of Governance," with Dann Naseemullah, Governance (November 2014).
- "Institutions and Worldviews in Foreign Security Policy," with Vipin Narang, India Review 11, No. 2 (2012): 76-94.
- "States, Insurgents, and Wartime Political Orders," Perspectives on Politics 10, No. 2 (June 2012): 243-64.
- "Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Insurgent Fratricide, Ethnic Defection, and the Rise of Pro- State Paramilitaries," Journal of Conflict Resolution 56, No. 1 (February 2012): 16-40.
- "Organizing Insurgency: Networks, Resources, and Rebellion in South Asia," International Security 37, No. 1 (Summer 2012): 142-77.